Where Expectations doesn't meet Reality

This is an International Students confession extract regarding to how one can manage expectations and reality through the means of Stoicism.


In a world as absurd as what we have, it is only a reason one need to embrace the challenges that can be expected from it. One point that could be gathered from such hardships are by how one can mitigate situations where expectation doesn’t meet reality, specifically it can be inferred from my personal experience of getting into UI. I personally would never think of myself being able to make into the most prestigious university in Indonesia. During those times period, my expectations of my skills were severely low, in which it would be the case of reality going beyond expectations, but immediately my expectations were shattered due to college socialization process. Funnily enough, the easiest way to manage through all of the emotional baggage that may come from managing relations, is by realizing that whatever happens, friends came naturally to how one behaves or act in the present. Which in a sense similar to the basic of Stoicism nature.

When I was re-apply to universities, I had expectation to be accepted in University of Gadjah Mada since I studied really hard for their International Undergraduate Program. I want to go to University of Gadjah Mada because I like the environment that not like in a crowded city. I got interested in their International Relations major since I used want to be a diplomat and their university partners are the best in the country and also interesting. But, in reality I got rejected by University of Gadjah Mada and being accepted in University of Indonesia with the major of Communication Studies. Yeah, University of Indonesia is one of the best universities in Indonesia and many people want to go there. In the end, I always think that everything that happens at the moment are the best thing that will ever happen in my life right now.

I always wanted to being a philosopher, young intelegent-fully philosopher. The way of philosopher think always mesmerizes me. When was a highschooler, I already planned that I want to apply at Philosopy majority in Humanities Faculty of University of Indonesia. I always curious about existence and I like to questioning everything. But back then, in the middle of semester of my highschool, I apply my self to talent scouting program of communication studies for a back up plan, because in that time I never being that optimistic for being accepted. So yeah, I’ve being accepted well in communication studies, and unfortunately there is no excuse to quit this decision because of UI’s rule and regulation. Well, im here, in communication international program. In the beginning of semester i often feels unwilling to learn here, I never liked studies like this before, im not enjoying it. But, as time goes by I think that communication studies is a whole lot better than everything. Im adapting day by day, and I think this studies is already fits for me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Dating's Influence

Social Media for Environmental Protection

Social Media & Mental Health