A Coming Out Article of UI KKI Communications Students


WARNING! This Article contains a select few stories of New Students adapting to an environment that is alien towards them. Article may contain Narrative that is exposed to the elements of progress, adaptation, and emotional breakdowns of 4 different individuals, with 4 different backgrounds to bear. To this, it should be noted that any kind of emotional breakdowns coming from the Readers perspective that should lead to further clarity on their Psyche is not held Responsible by the Writers at large


My name is Tristan and this is my story. Transitioning from high school to university started out rough, i felt uncomfortable during orientation all the way until the first day of classes because i didn’t know anyone yet. But as the weeks passes by, i found the group of people that i am proud to call my friends and i feel comfortable around those people. regarding academics, the difference between high school and university is that during high school the amount of guidance i receive when completing a task is much more than the guidance i receive in university, at first it was difficult adjusting to the style of learning in university but now i get used to it because i have found an alternative way to complete my task which is through the help of my friends if i don’t understand something. another thing is that the amount of tasks i receive and is expected to be finished in a short amount of time came to me as a shock, because during my time in high school the tasks i receive is not as much as the amount of tasks i receive now. it was difficult for me to get used to the amount of tasks i need to accomplish but now after a few months in university i am starting to get used to it.

My name is Aisyah Kirana and this is my experience of being a first-year student. So I’ve got accepted in University of Indonesia by talent scouting program  which is invitation by international class. As I know that international class is a bilingual class that use English  as a intermediate language. Honestly, my English not that good back then, I mean in middle school or high school. My previous school it is just a regular school (not international) I only learned English in English subject. When I started learning in college I’ve got some lag and shock because we tend to talk, listen, and write in English everyday and that is not really common for me. And seeing all my friend and classmate already fluent with all of it, it makes me struggling a little. But now on, we’ve been through college for approximately 4 months and I think that it is the enough time to adapting in this whole lot new society of being a successful international class student.

My name is Fawwaz, and this is my story. I would say my personal experience adapting into a University Environment especially regarding the uncomfortability is in large part, mitigated due to the almost similar experience I had during High School. Although arguably, University offers a whole new range of emotions I haven’t tapped upon in my life. Empathy towards people that truly differs in ideology that I believe in. Due to that fact, I began to realize the importance of having a peer group that you can relate to on a personal basis, that wouldn’t contrast each other within the extreme end of one another. As the days drew nearer towards the end of the year, Friends and Colleagues became two very different thing in my opinion, and relations gradually becoming more of an asset as way of maintaining personal mental stability. This I would say, is still an idea I would continue pursuing, as to maintain clarity of my own sanity.

My name is Izzah, and this is my story. Before I got accepted in University of Indonesia, I was a student of Institute Technology Sepuluh Nopember in Surabaya. My previous major is Marine Engineering which is 180 degree different from my current major, Communication Studies. I have several difficulties in transitioning from science major to social major. The first one is about the things that we studied. I have never touch social studies even a bit. when the other student said “oh yeah, we studied it in high school” I am feeling a little bit nervous because I know nothing about it. So, I will just listening to them and absorb what they have. And the most thing I struggle is about the people atmosphere. It is really different from the major I had before where people are taking care of each other even though we are not close enough to do that which make us feel that we are not alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media for Environmental Protection

Online Dating's Influence

Social Media & Mental Health